Gary Fraser is a partner at Burrard Law who specializes in employment, personal injury, wills and estates, negligence and liability matters.
He was previously a partner in the Vancouver office of a large international business law firm.
Gary’s extensive civil litigation experience includes employment, labour relations, products liability, personal injury and construction law matters.
Gary brings strong project management and problem-solving skills to all of his litigation matters. Both his corporate and individual clients benefit greatly from Gary’s efficient, thorough and analytical approach, his investigation of all available options, and his creativity in tailoring strategies to suit clients’ specific goals and needs.
Gary regularly appears at all court levels in British Columbia and before a range of administrative tribunals.
His representative work includes:
- acting as counsel before the British Columbia Labour Relations Board and Employment Standards Branch;
- representing public and private sector employers in a broad range of employment and labour law disputes;
- appearing in the British Columbia Supreme Court and Court of Appeal on a variety of commercial litigation matters;
- defending numerous products liability claims in the Supreme Court; and
- prosecuting high-value, complex personal injury claims involving serious spinal injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
Gary’s personal interests include cycling, building furniture, and music. Prior to being called to the bar in 1998, Gary was a songwriter and record producer for many years with acclaimed Canadian recording artist Barney Bentall.
Bachelor of Laws (University of British Columbia, 1997);
Bachelor of Arts (Dalhousie University, 1977).
CALL TO BAR
British Columbia, 1998.
Law Society of British Columbia;
Vancouver Bar Association.