David Plunkett is a partner at Burrard Law whose practice includes construction law, professional liability, corporate-commercial, employment and insurance law matters.
David was formerly the construction practice group leader at a construction and insurance law firm in Vancouver.
His representative work includes:
- representing contractors and owners in all types of commercial construction disputes, including on major public utility projects;
- defending professional liability claims against architects, engineers, accountants, insurance agents, financial planners, corporate directors, real estate agents, land surveyors, and home inspectors;
- pursuing or responding to multi-party liability and insurance coverage litigation, including for complex business interruption loss and pure economic loss;
- enforcing and recovering judgment debts, and pursuing third parties in subrogation claims;
- resolving commercial contractual disputes and shareholder claims; and
- acting on behalf of employers and employees in wrongful dismissal matters.
Outside of work, David enjoys spending time with his family, playing hockey and collecting wine.
Bachelor of Laws (University of British Columbia, 2001);
Bachelor of International Relations (University of British Columbia, 1998).
CALL TO BAR
British Columbia, 2002
Law Society of British Columbia;
Canadian Bar Association (Civil Litigation, Labour and Employment, and Insurance Law Sections);
British Columbia Construction Roundtable;
The Surety Association of Canada.
Vice Chair, Executive Committee of the National Construction Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association;
Past Chair, BC Construction Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association.